Monday 2 January 2012

My First Day as a FTM (Full Time Mum)


I intended to have it all, career, daughter, super svelte body and jet setting around the world. Life didn't end up going according to plan, so I gave up the job, kissed travel goodbye and donned the trackie dacks to be a full time Mum for one year. 365 days. 8760 hours. 525 600 minutes. I think I need a chocolate bar!
So day one, cooking, washing laundry, beach trip and shopping. Not bad for a first day.
The weather was amazing, bright blue sky, shiny sun, balmy warm water with my hot hubby and bubbly baby girl frolicking in the water at the beach. Can't complain about that.
Hot Hubby made a pertinent observation.
"Have you noticed that the only people at the beach are people with kids?"
I looked around, "You're right."
"That's because people without kids are still sleeping," he explained.
"Yeah and the people without kids are bleary with beach hair and can't work out how they got here," I observed.
I know how I got here, a beautiful baby who hasn't slept through the night in 21 months, and I still wouldn't return her!
So here's to the journey of being a FTM.

No comments:

Post a Comment