Sunday 15 January 2012

Staying on course

My mind is adrift today, the pounding between my temples is not helping my  concentration levels either.
I'm ready for bed, but as per usual my daughter is not. I wish I could take a sick day or a holiday from motherhood on days like today. Every person has a limit and mine is 22 months without sleep, will this child ever sleep through the night? At this point I would settle for her going to sleep before 10pm. The only thing getting me through is the thought that this is not forever. In not time she will be at school and this sleep depravation will be forgotten and I will be back at work, pining for the days when I would wake with her smothering me in a bear hug.
There are so many beautiful parts of this age. The way she says Mymmi, instead of Mummy. The fact that every scrape and bump can be cured with a kiss and a cuddle. Music is always an invitation to dance whether in the living room, shopping centre or church. There is nothing warmer then her cuddles, or cuter then her kisses, or sharper then her teeth! Her excitement is uncontainable and oddly expressed at times, she will see our cat and squeal with delight before kissing, cuddling and licking him, finally she will leave him with a parting kick (we are encouraging patting instead of the other behavior but are yet to see success in this area). She is a little extrovert and everyone at the local shopping centre knows her and if they don't she will introduce herself and maybe even do a little happy dance of welcome.
She's my heart walking around outside my body. She's an amazing little person.
Despite feeling unfocused and adrift, Munchie keeps me on course and God keeps me anchored. Hope you find your inspiration today.

By Susan Magaitis
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.Proverbs 3:5,6

No comments:

Post a Comment